How I can help you
- Workshops for family members, service providers, administrators
- Keynote presentations
- Development of written materials
- Plan and facilitate audio teleconferences
- Program evaluation
- Video production
A Sampling of My Keynote Addresses
- Discipline in school age care: Control the climate, not the child. Annual fall training conference, Network of Extended Day Directors. (1999, November). Wayland, MA.
- Where the wild things aren’t: Is children’s play out of step in the global marketplace? Annual conference, Network of Community Activities. (1999, May). Manley, New South Wales, Australia.
- Seven ways to capture the heart of a school-ager. Colorado Seventh Annual School Age Care Conference. (1997, November). Denver, CO.
- The Story of Jumping Mouse, Retold for Child Care Providers. Child care conference sponsored by Step Ahead Council of Allen County. (1997, September). Fort Wayne, IN.
- Eavesdropping on Pinocchio’s case conference: Does a wooden boy belong in a special education classroom or a community setting? Kids R First Forum, sponsored by North Central Indiana Special Education Cooperative. (1995, August). New Haven, Indiana.
- When Ashley can’t talk, Akeesha can’t run, and Alex won’t listen: strategies for successful inclusion in early childhood settings. Making Room for Everyone, sponsored by Preschool Enrichment Team, Inc. (1992, October). Holyoke, Massachusetts.
A Sampling of Free-Standing Trainings
- Making a place for kids with disabilities. Training sponsored by Carino YWCA Child Care Resource and Referral. (2000, April). Albuquerque, NM.
- Including children and youth with special needs in out-of-school programs. A series of three meetings sponsored by the OSCAR (Out of School Care and Recreation) Network. (1999, May). Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Fink, D.B., Chandler, L., & Phillips, B. Expanding preschool options in community settings. Sponsored by FACTS/LRE, with the Arizona Department of Education. (1996, October; 1997, January). Phoenix, AZ.
- Fink, D.B., Green, J., & Winslow, C. Inclusion and collaboration. Half-day training for Head Start staff. Sponsored by Embarras River Basin Agency Head Start. (1996, February). Greenup, IL.
- Fink, D.B., Bair, H., & Stahurski, L. Natural settings and least restrictive environments for children with special needs from birth to age five. Two day training for early intervention and public school staff. Sponsored by Kansas University Affiliated Program in conjunction with FACTS/LRE. (1994, October). Parsons, KS.
- Special care for all children. Full-day training for child care providers and others. Sponsored by Special Care Project of the Indiana Parent Information Network. (1994, March). Indianapolis, IN.
- “Reasonable accommodations” for children with disabilities–What does it mean for child care or early childhood settings? Lecture and workshop for parents of children with special needs, teachers, and others. Sponsored by Pacer Center, Inc. (1993, February). St. Paul, MN.
- Serving school-age children with special needs in integrated child care and recreation settings. Sponsored by Productive Living Board of St. Louis County Citizens with Developmental Disabilities, Special Recreation Council of Greater St. Louis, and YMCA of Greater St. Louis. (1990, May). St. Louis, MO.
Audio Teleconference Presentations
- How can we promote successful inclusion in family child care? Teleconference for members of Map to Inclusive Child Care Project state teams, federal staff, and others from the Child Care Bureau technical assistance network. (1998, July.) (With participants in 45 locations).
- Summer’s coming–do you know where your children will be? National teleconference for affiliates of United Cerebral Palsy Associations. (with participants in 15 locations). (1998, April.)
- With Gaumer, N.; Parent counseling issues related to children with special needs. Telenet training for participants in Leadership Training to Support Child Care for All Children. (1995, June). Champaign, IL (with participants in 12 locations).